Friday, October 3, 2008

Dreaming of Apple Picking

My family visited the same apple orchard every fall when I was younger. I always looked forward to those trips; there was something comforting and a little magical about getting to pick apples straight from the tree. I also loved getting fresh apple cider from the farm and spending time with my family.

I haven't been apple-picking since high school, but I would love to be these girls this weekend! I don't know of any apple orchards in our vicinity, but a girl can dream.


I think I may content myself with finally making that Apple Crisp! What are your plans for the weekend?

3 comments:

Brown Button Trading said...

Oh I love apple picking! There are fabulous orchards in the Adelaide Hills (about 20 minute drive from me) and it is the best. So cheap and so yummy. And the lovely old man who owns the place reminds me of my beautiful grandfather who passed away 10 years ago.

Hope you don't mind - but I've tagged you (Its been a busy tagging week by the looks of it for you!!) no need to play if you don't want xx

Courtney said...

Ooh, it would be great to be so close to fabulous orchards! That the owner reminds you of your grandfather seems like the sweetest added bonus.

I certainly don't mind that you tagged me, and I will respond soon!

Jane Flanagan said...

I love this photo!