Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Hold Your Horses

Horses are commanding animals to behold, and their likenesses certainly hold their own in home interiors. Each of the following spaces displays an element of equestrian style through the depiction of these majestic creatures in items such as pillows, prints and paintings.




Domino (r.i.p.)

via The Style Files

Country Living

Amanda Nesbit Design

If you prefer a more subtle nod to equines in your interiors, you can simply display an item inspired by horses, as seen in the two rooms below.

Melanie Acevedo

James Merrell

10 comments:

Tina { Luphia Loves... } said...

I have to say i've only ever ride on a horse once but it was so great, love these interiors! xx

vicki archer said...

I love the show ribbons in the last image - that is really cute. xv

La Maison Fou said...

Well neigh....I say I love anything Equine!
Great Pics!!! To the derby!!
Ta Ta !!
Leslie

Blair Friedeman said...

My love for horses is no secret:) Love horses and everything equestrian in interiors. WONDERFUL post miss Courtney.

alissa said...

dont throw tomatoes- i have to say im not a horse lover.
HOWEVER i do love these interiors and they way theyve subtly incorporated them!

Courtney said...

Courtney - this is a fabulous post! Gosh, I love each and every bit (get it, hehe) of inspiration! Great round-up!

Unknown said...

more great photos! I love that photo of horses in the bedroom, would love to find something like that for my house. The huge horse painting is pretty wonderful too!

abigail said...

the third one and the fifth one have me completely convinced that I need some sort of horse photo, drawing or painting on my walls ASAP!

(In case you don't get my replies, thanks so much for all the comments today! They completely made my day!)

alice said...

Gorgeous paintings.. I love the horseshoe display and the ribbons.. so cute!
Enjoy the races Courtney!

Haven and Home said...

I am loving all these pictures!