Wednesday, August 19, 2009

{Early} Moments- The Dress

Last week, we looked at brides in the midst of beauty routines in the {Early} Moments of their wedding day, and today, we're moving on to the breathtaking moment when a bride dons her dress; if she doesn't already, a bride truly starts to feel like one in that instant.


Sheree & Song- Our Labor of Love

Laura Negri Photography

Nancy & Adam- Bloom Photography via The Bride's Cafe

The seemingly mundane tasks of fastening a hook and buttoning a button are elevated to something much sweeter in these wonderfully delicate photos, and I love the tenderness that is captured in each one.

6 comments:

Jane Flanagan said...

Oh, I adore the hair and make-up of the girl in the top image.

pam@pixelimpress said...

love all those buttons in #2. when i think of my wedding dress, i remember when choosing it i had to consider the fact that it was going to be packed in a suitcase as we had a destination wedding. my 'dress' was actually a silk pleated bodice and separate aline skirt for our beach wedding. i rolled it in my suitcase and it was packed for 4 days before our final destination. the skirt only needed a light pressing and the bodice nothing! i was amazed.

can't wait for the rest of this series. pam

Claire said...

Hi Courtney! Thanks for visiting my blog today. I've been a bride myself and nothing really compares to the feeling of seeing your dress for the first time and finally wearing it =)

alissa said...

im so saving that top image for hair inspiration! when the day comes to chop my locks for my mom-cut, im totally going for the anna wintour bob. love it!

the mafia doesnt need to give me any permission...mostly because its actually just a big corporation that i dont want to menttion on el interneto haha

The Antiques Diva™ said...

Somehow, it's in the clasping of the button, that you become The Bride! Touching pictures...

Kristin said...

One of my favorite pics is of my girls getting me into my dress. I have my arms straight out to the sides like I'm about to take flight. It's hilarious.