Friday, June 26, 2009

Summer Writing Room

I adore so many of the elements of this room, including the bones of it. The wide expanse of windows, the dark wood paneling, and the hardwood floors create a space that is warm and inviting.

I also love the curve of the desk chair, the rug underfoot, the slightly industrial fan in the corner, and the stacks and shelves of magazines and books close at hand.

The room is perfectly suited for a summer home, and if I had one, I'd love a space very much like this. I can imagine happy hours spent writing and working at the desk, coffee in hand, pausing every so often to gaze outside and relish the view.

16 comments:

georgia b. said...

oh, it's wonderful.

Tina { Luphia Loves... } said...

the chair & desk is so gorgeous!!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Looks like a well loved room! That chair is so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Your blog is soo cute & nice & very tasty!!

Regards from Agneta in Sweden

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

I LOVE this room...and would enjoy it all year round!

Jayne said...

I love that room too. Wouldn't it be lovely for a summer home? If only. Happy Monday! Jayne

alissa said...

ooo i agree! it would be perfect out in the woods. or on a beach. really anywhere haha

bandelle said...

I would love to relish that view too. Thank you for the gazpacho recipe -- looks delicious and perfect for the summer. Yum!

Blair Friedeman said...

I could not agree more! So perfect for a summer house. Love the shape of the chair and the slant of the desk! Hope you are well Miss Courtney. xx

Unknown said...

Ohhh... love this cozy little corner, with lots of natural lighting!!!

xo Laura

alissa said...

hey there -i tagged you!

Jayne said...

What wonderful memories and beautiful pictures. Have a great Monday! Jayne

Sofia said...

I look at the picture and imagine it as a film set, truly:)

Unknown said...

Very very pretty and so liveable!

Anonymous said...

I wish I had a room like that. Writing, thinking, breathing, everything would be easier in a room like that. As a guy, I might have to take out that purple chair. lol. But it really is a fantastic room.

Writing a Research Paper said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.