Saturday, May 23, 2009

At Home with Blue & White

In E's and my home, I found myself selecting green as an accent color in many of the rooms, but my mom has always been a blue and white lady. Perhaps because it reminds me of her and of home, I find myself drawn to and comforted by rooms that utilize blue and white in their color schemes.



More and more, I consider incorporating this palette in our next house, and if I were to do so, all of the following options are items I could use to introduce the color combination into a room.


11 comments:

Nicole Marie said...

love love love

cotedetexas said...

that first image is so beautiful!!!! I'm a blue person but don't have any in my house anymore! my bedroom was always blue, now it's green???? why I wonder????

Brown Button Trading said...

I second Nicole Marie's comment - loving blue and white for interiors and clothes, stunning posts Miss Courtney xx

bluehydrangea said...

I am a blue girl all the way and the first two rooms make me so happy!!! Also, thanks for posting on Saturday, I needed something new to look at!

alice said...

It's just always fresh and can be accented with so many other colors. In some ways blue is kind of a neutral!

studioJudith said...

Lots of great blues here ... .
I always feel a blue palette is strongest when it's kept very pure /
not a lot of other colors mixed in.
Your pics certainly prove that
theory!
(kind of like the simplicity of that
winning Chelsea garden ... . .)

Jjjj

Unknown said...

I have been obsessed with navy/white chevron patterns lately as well as blue & white ikat, so this is right up my alley. Navy is a great color--love!

georgia b. said...

gorgeous use of a color that i find myself forgetting to use. {although, i am wearing that color a lot these days.}

i love that madeline weinrib pattern!

Lauren said...

I'm drooling over that chevron vase! Great picks, and I love that bedroom!

alissa said...

i love the symmetry of that second photo...and everything else about it :)

im finally back and just read your comments - thank you :) im glad to be back!

KatyO! said...

I love love love those top two images!!