Tuesday, August 26, 2008

coco + kelley Inspiration Board Contest

I was extremely honored and excited to be named the winner of coco + kelley's Inspiration Board Contest. There were truly so many amazing boards, I have no idea how Cassandra and her "bridesmaids" were able to chose the Top 12 Finalists, let alone narrow those down to one.

This was such a great challenge, as all 35 room choices were completely inspired (when I first looked at the selections, I wanted to do a board for every room!) While her "Wedding Week" has ended, you should still check out all the beautiful boards entered on this flickr set, and, if you haven't, check out coco + kelley as it is always chock-full of inspiring images.


Meet Me by the Sea (I love the name Cassandra gave it!)

I loved this room when I saw it on Martha Stewart.com, so when I saw it as one of the room choices, I knew I would have to do a board for it. It is such a great color combination, and I could just imagine what a fun and vibrant couple would draw wedding inspiration from this room.

My other two boards from the contest

Crystal Elegance
I loved the simple, yet dramatic look of this bedroom and knew it would translate into an interesting wedding.

Warmth in Winter
This room had a drama and warmth that instantly drew me to it; I felt that it would translate to a chic, winter wedding that felt warm and toasty in contrast to the bluster outside.

*Credits from all above images listed on flickr- here, here and here

Some of my favorites boards from the finalists (but, really, where do you even begin?!)

Marie from Baltimore- Red, Black, & White
The images are so captivating and unique.

Janet from Flint, Mi- Golden Twenties
A beautiful interpretation with a vintage twist.

Elizabeth from Portland
This board is full of details that would make a wedding feel unique and memorable.

EZ from Creature Comforts- A Handmade Wedding in Moss & Ivory
A great interpretation of the room into wedding details!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Get out! I loved your board--congrats!!